Head of School Search
Interim Head of School
SF Day’s Board of Trustees announced in November 2021 that Peter McCormack was named Interim Head of School and started on January 1, 2022. With deep leadership experience and qualities that align well with SF Day’s mission, Peter was the unanimous choice from the search committee
Announcing the Permanent Head of School
We are thrilled to announce that Racheal Adriko will be joining SF Day as the next permanent Head of School, beginning July 1, 2023.
The Search Committee partnered with the executive search firm RG175 to identify and interview a diverse group of experienced candidates. The finalists visited the school and met with our community to learn more about our aspirations and to answer questions about their approaches to education and leadership. The Search Committee also spoke with many faculty, administrators, board trustees, and parents from the finalists’ previous and current schools. Thank you to all who participated in this important process--the Search Committee is deeply grateful for your time, partnership, and care.
The search for our long-term Head of School was co-led by SF Day parents and Trustees Dean Rader and Craig Brumfield. The Committee included faculty, parents, administration and alumni. Together, they brought relevant experience, diverse perspectives, and a commitment to finding an exceptional leader who embraces SF Day's mission and values.
- Craig Brumfield (co-chair), Trustee
- Dean Rader (co-chair), Trustee
- Anu Cairo, Trustee
- Lexie Fisher George ’00, Trustee
- Homa Hanjani, Director of Admissions
- Dr. Kaili Hwang, Lower School Head
- Rebecca Lewis, Teacher, Kindergarten
- Andrew Maynard, Teacher, 8th grade
- Aimee Nenninger, Trustee
- Beth Schenck, Teacher, Upper School Music; Director of Performing Arts; 6th grade Advisor
- Adriana López Vermut, Chair, Board of Trustees
- Eli Weinberg, Trustee