Join Our Team
Position: After-School Program Staff
Position status: Part-time (non-exempt)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Rate: $16.00-$18.00 DOE
About the After-School Enrichment Program (AEP)
The San Francisco Day School After-School Enrichment Program serves 100+ students each day between the hours of 2:00-6:00 p.m. Our focus is to provide a safe space after school to allow children the freedom to create, to explore their world through play in an open-ended way, and learn to become good community members. Our primary goal is to be a service to our community and help students transition between their school day and home. We are responsible for supporting students in their homework, providing a regular healthy snack, and offering meaningful enrichment opportunities to help students continue to learn, develop, and grow during after-school hours.
The After-School Program Staff are vital to supporting the students at San Francisco Day School when school is not in session. This position involves: regular lesson planning, delivering lessons to groups of students, supervising safe play, helping resolve student conflicts, and keeping our students and community safe. This position is designed for someone with classroom or after-school experience that is passionate about youth development and willingness to grow and develop programming.
- Develop and maintain a safe and respectful classroom environment.
- Create and implement lessons for students daily.
- Monitor students in the AEP room, playground areas, and other areas of the school as assigned.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor.
- Ensure student behavior is consistent with the school day expectations of stewardship, responsibility for one’s actions, respect for all, and being a caring member of the community.
- Assist teachers with preventive discipline by explaining school rules to students and parents.
- Assist in resolving student conflicts after school using principles and practices of Restorative Justice.
- Communicate effectively with parents, families, and other SFDS after-school staff members.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Maintain consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
- Use consistent language and care as school day educators.
- Set up and clean up classroom and play spaces.
- Facilitate homework assistance activities that build upon school day curriculum objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Lesson planning experience
- Ability to work with children and parents in a warm, confident, empathetic manner
- Arrive on time to work
- Be able to lift 20 pounds
- Be able to stand outside for hours at a time
- Have experience working with children, preferably in a group setting
- Must be fingerprinted
- Obtain proof of TB test
- Have a flexible, positive, and can-do attitude
- Be willing to jump in wherever you are needed with enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a loud, lively, fast-paced environment
About San Francisco Day School
San Francisco Day School is an independent, co-educational school serving approximately 400 students in grades K-8. SF Day educates, nurtures, and inspires girls and boys of diverse backgrounds to achieve their highest academic and creative potential, to embrace ethical values, and to become active contributors to their communities. San Francisco Day School welcomes and celebrates children, families, faculty, and staff that reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. The school values the strengths and accomplishments of the individuals who are part of the community and takes pride in and celebrates the diversity and special character of the community as a whole. Therefore, San Francisco Day School encourages people of color and LGBT applicants to apply.
Please apply online with a cover letter and current resume:
No phone calls please.