Tuition for the 2019-20 school year is $35,430.
San Francisco Day School is committed to ensuring our program remains accessible to families from a broad range of economic circumstances. For the 2019-20 academic year, SF Day dedicated over $2.12 million to our Discounted Tuition program, which provides tuition assistance to 89 students. In addition, the following programs, plans, and events are also available at discounted rates:
- AEP after-school childcare and summer camps
- One AEP enrichment class per block, per student
- Tutoring services and educational evaluation testing recommended by our learning specialists
- Tickets to the SF Day Fest fundraiser
- Yearbook recognition pages for graduates
- Cafeteria lunch plan
- SSAT prep class
We are grateful that our families choose to invest in an SF Day education for their child and we are here to help you make the right decision for your family. Please contact our CFO, Susan Wayland, anytime.
- Timeline for 2019-20 (New Families)
- Timeline for 2020-21 (Returning Families)
- Required Documents
- Discounted Tuition Sample Scenario
|December 12, 2019||Discounted Tuition informational meeting: 6:00-7:00 p.m., SF Day Library|
|January 27, 2020||SSS aid application (PFS) form due online|
|February 14, 2020||2018 & 2019 tax information due: Federal 1040 and sub-schedules, state returns, W2s and 1099s along with documentation|
|March 19, 2020||Acceptance email to parents/guardians (including discounted tuition awards if families qualify)|
|March 26, 2020||Acceptance and enrollment contracts due with deposit to SF Day by 10:00 a.m.|
|Nov. 1, 2019||
K Sibling/Staff Admission Application due to SF Day by noon
|Dec. 12, 2019||Discounted Tuition informational meeting: 6:00-7:00 p.m., SF Day Library|
|Jan. 3, 2020||SSS aid application (PFS) form due online|
|Jan. 31, 2020||Re-enrollment contracts sent to families
Discounted Tuition award letters sent to families*
*provisional award with re-enrollment contract
|Feb. 7, 2020||Re-enrollment contracts due to SF Day with deposit|
March 20, 2020
|2019 tax information due: Federal 1040 and sub-schedules, state returns, W2s and 1099s along with documentation|
|March 31, 2020|| Discounted Tuition awards are updated*
*If provisional award is more/less than final amount by more than 5%, final award is updated
To assist you in completing the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) on the School & Student Services (SSS) by NAIS system, please click here to download the 2020-21 PFS Workbook for Families, which will guide you through how to fill out your PFS online. This workbook will help you organize your information so that when you are ready to enter into the SSS Portal, you can enter the data from your organizer.
Please note that if San Francisco Day School does not receive your documentation by the due dates provided, the application may be denied.
- Parents Financial Statement (PFS): The PFS must be submitted with the appropriate fee by January 3, 2020. Please complete the online form at https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal starting in October 2019. If you are unable to complete the form online, please email Susan Wayland at email@example.com to request a hard copy to fill out and mail. In separated/divorced cases, both parents must submit a PFS individually. In cases of remarriage, the stepparent also must submit a PFS. Be sure to fill out all items fully and frankly, providing clear explanations. The more information we have, the better we can determine tuition affordability.
- Federal and State Tax Forms (1040 and 540), with support schedules, W2s and/or 1099s for 2018 (new parents/guardians) and 2019 for all applicants. Upload the tax forms and all supporting schedules for each parent/guardian to the SSS system by February 14, 2020 (New Families) or March 20, 2020 (Returning Families).
Following are three sample scenarios (Family A, B, and C) for your reference, based on the tuition for 2018-19. Although every family's situation is unique, we hope these help to provide some context. Please feel free to email Susan Wayland with questions.
Sample Scenario Based on Tuition from 2018-19 School Year
|# of Parents||2||2||1|
|# of Children in Tuition-Charging Schools||2||1||1|
|Gross Household Income||$250,000||$150,000||$75,000|
|Homeowner with Value at Median SF Price?||$1,500,000||No||No|
|Effective Income with SF Cost of Living Adj.||$121,638||$55,403||$49,694|
|Discounted Tuition per Child for 2018-19||$15,013||$5,129||$1,695|